“You did WHAT!?” he exclaimed.
I started trembling as I lifted my hands and covered my face.
“I just cannot believe this!” he shouted. “You stupid slut! You are a complete ashi… nasty bitch! Look at you, angel in disguise. ASHEWO…”
I continued to tremble as he rained insults of all kinds on me.
“Yes, I’m wrong. I made out with the guy and I’ve no excuse. I’m wrong!” I sobbed. “…but stop! JUST STOP shouting at me!”
I turned around, still trembling.
“This relationship is over. I cannot continue to date a cheap WHORE like you.”
I stood still, looked at him and felt nothing but guilt. I felt guilty and ashamed of myself. I knew I had crossed the line and I couldn’t defend myself in any way. I watched him move towards the door and I didn’t move. I didn’t try to stop him. I just watched him walk away.
The splashing water went cold and snapped me out of my flashback. I turned off the shower knob and grabbed a towel. I wrapped the towel around me and walked out into the room. It has been weeks now since I’ve set my eyes on Emeka, weeks since we have parted yet the guilt won’t go away. I feel so relieved though. I know I put too many expectations on myself. I was never a goody-two-shoes but I have principles and one of them is to “do unto others what you want to be done to you”. I’ve broken a principle but I’m only human. I’m not above mistakes. Still it’s not a good enough excuse.
I grabbed a black cocktail dress from my wardrobe. I stood in front of the mirror as I tried to imagine the dress on me. I’ve been so busy and distracted lately I didn’t have time to think of what to wear for Dolapo’s concert. I threw the dress on my bed in defeat and went back to my wardrobe. As I was rummaging through my clothes, I found a purple-lilac print high-waist skirt and a white off-the-shoulder top to go with it. I remember buying them from Debenhams. They have been sitting pretty in my wardrobe for so long. I put them on with a pair of black hold-up tights. I made up my face then I sprayed Christian Lacroix perfume on my wrists, neck and behind my ears. I added a pair of diamond earrings, two trendy bangles, my Jimmy Choo handbag and a pair of bronze-gold stiletto to complete my look.
My taxi drove through the city towards East London . I looked out at the skies and tried to push all my worries away. Tonight belongs to Dolapo so I must be cheerful and supportive. I must leave all my worries behind just for tonight. I’ve decided to stay out of relationships for a while. I need time to think about what I really want. I cannot continue like this. Mama is still on my case; she is not going to give me breathing space. I cannot let her influence me now; what I want and need must correlate. I cannot rush into marriage yet her constant nagging keeps reminding me that I’m not getting any younger.
My taxi stopped in front of O2 Arena, I paid the cabbie and got down. Immediately I stepped out I tripped over and I lost my balance. Suddenly, a pair of strong arms held me close and balanced my weight. I could sniff a musky aftershave and I was cocooned by a strong warm body. The smell of this warm body engulfed me and I felt like swooning. What a lovely smell!
I snapped out of it and struggled to get out of the tight embrace. Then I heard the voice.
“Hey. Calm down.”
A guy’s voice; very masculine and sexy.
I turned around to face the person with the voice and I couldn’t believe my eyes. Time stood still for seconds. I stood there dumbfounded staring at this dark smiling face.
“Ermm… I’m so sorry. My ticket was blown away by the wind and I was trying to retrieve it.”
I turned to my right and stared at the tall, pretty lady standing there looking flustered.
“Kemi, you are too clumsy. You should have…” he scolded.
“It’s okay.” I waved him off.
“I’m truly sorry. I hope you didn’t twist your ankle! I’m sorry.” the lady apologised.
“Nope, I’m alright.”
“I’m Kemi Kajola and this is my big brother, Tade.”
“No need for introductions, Kemi. Temmy and I know each other. We were secondary school mates.” Tade said, looking at me directly.
“Yes.” I muttered. “Look, I’ve to go now. It’s nice meeting you, Kemi and good to see you again Tade.” I smiled and turned around.
“Nice to meet you too!” Kemi rejoined.
A hand held onto my elbow as I was about to walk away.
“Not so fast, Missy. Where are you running off to?”
I turned around.
“My friend is performing tonight inside this arena and I’ve to be there for the whole show. I’m meeting up with my other friends inside the arena, so I really have to run now…” I waffled.
“Okay, I get it; we are here for the show as well. Can I have your number? We could…”
“I’m sorry Tade but I really must go now.” I retrieved my arm and walked away as fast as I could. As I made my way towards the entrance to the arena I saw Maureen. She sashayed to me in her sexy outfit and pumps. We embraced and chitchatted as we walked into the arena.
“Hey T! How have you been keeping lately?”
“I’m doing alright. Just living…”
“You have been awfully quiet lately. I hope all is well?”
“I’m just going through some things. I will tell you about it later. Let’s just focus on Dolapo’s show tonight.”
“Yes, you are right. Tonight is for Dolapo. But I hope we will all sit down soon and discuss our issues. I don’t like the way we are all self-absorbed and fighting over little things.” Maureen declared.
“Yes, I know.” I agreed. “Oh, there are the girls.”
I looked towards the direction where Lola and Funmi were standing. They were looking fabulous in their attires. We all met halfway, embraced and complimented each other.
“Okay ladies. Here are your tickets. We shall all be sitting together.” Funmi announced.
“Thanks Funmi, we’ll reimburse you!” we all chorused and laughed. Funmi smiled.
It was lovely to see my girls again all in one place, smiling, chitchatting and giggling.
“I spoke to Dolly this evening and she was all pumped up.” I stated.
“She had some jitters though when I spoke to her few minutes ago.” Maureen
said.
“Oh! Well, I called her in the morning and I sent her some flowers on our behalf.” Funmi said.
“Awww” Maureen cooed.
“That’s so nice, Funmi!” Lola said.
“Thanks, sweetie.” I added.
“It’s nothing, ladies. Dolly personally warned me not to call her this evening though. Something about not making her nervous…”
We giggled.
“Where is Titi, by the way?” I asked. Lola looked away and Funmi responded, “She ran off to the loo. She will be back in a bit.”
Suddenly, Maureen tapped my shoulder; I looked at her and discovered her eyes were fixed at a different direction. So I followed her gaze.
“Oh my goodness!” I exclaimed.
Lola and Funmi gasped as we all watched a couple publicly displaying affection. The woman looked so elegant in her steel grey ensemble and stiletto heels. She lifted her face for a kiss. She is striking. She confidently returned her partner’s kisses. The guy kissing her, he looked so familiar.
“Isn’t that Titi’s man?”
(c) Lati
19 comments:
yepa!!!!! And d drama begins
I am first!!!!
Oh wow! This is getting hot now!!!
Wait, I got too excited there. Let me leave a proper comment lol
Poor Temmy! I feel her pain, losing a boyfriend over a silly mistake. This is guy # what? And mama is bugging her. Awwww poor dear, I hope she sorts herself out soon.
Now, this concert is getting interesting. WHO is Titi's man kissing? I thought madam Folake couldn't make it? Hehehehe......
ah...if Dayo is kissing a chic, and folake couldn't make it...who is he kissing?!?
i dont really feel sorry 4 temmy o, after all she found emeka boring..... [i'm assuming emeka is d guy referred to in this episode]
I'm so happy Lola gets to say 'I TOLD U SO] She reminds me of moi, and we always get things right!
drama drama dramaaaaa
this was interesting to read... let's see what happens next
Nice write up. I sympathise with Temmy, she seems to be in a confused mess, but she has to put on a brave face to meet her friends. Reminds me of someone close to me. Don't we all pretend like that?
Yes! Yes! Yes! This ended too soon though another week... *sigh - can't I get pre-release copies or something ;) <3
Wonderful!
You guys just succeeded in getting about an hour of my time to read the story right from the start.
Just an observation on this one, why was Temmy so quick to leave Tade after he helped her regain balanace and especially since they went to school together.
Now that you mention it, there is something fishy about Temmy and Tade.
bubble go soon burst!!!
I loved this...lol...Titi's man or Folake's man. It's time for warrrrrr!
Interesting ,
very interesting'
cant wait 4 d rest. .
'yawl' Yes, I said yawl dhemmit... better BRING IT on Friday. I ain't even playing!
counting down to Friday. Two more days left%% this is too much drama.. welldone ladies.
I think this blog is a beautiful idea. keep it coming
Gen Gen* lol...fantastic write up!
Post a Comment